Happy New Year! My hope for 2023 is to see our nation and world turn the corner on the coronavirus so that we may be safe from COVID now that we are pretty much done with public health safety measures of vaccination, mask wearing, and social distancing—unfortunately. We will also experience new forms of working as we settle into new routines with hybrid work arrangements (remote working appears here to stay for those who can do their work from home), gig work, and for some, a return to the office. How can we keep ourselves and our friends and coworkers healthy, engaged in our work, and satisfied in ways that are highly important to us?
Here are some tips:
- Establish fixed work hours so that you have time to do self/friend/family/pet-care.
- When working, stand up, walk to a window and look at greenery for 5 minutes to refresh your brain.
- Eat nourishing (high nutrient) food at least once a day.
- Do a physical activity for 30 minutes or more every day.
- Do something that brings you joy (listen to a song, call a dear friend, make something you enjoy) once a day.
We need these and other reminders to keep us grounded and in a headspace that promotes our health and well-being. Best to you in 2023!